VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.
VirtualKid Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gay marriage

+9
Alexandra
Darth Pyrinikon
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Short Circuit
Sapphire
Zero Beat
KarmaChameleon
simplytom
Jess
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gay marriage - Page 2 Empty Re: Gay marriage

Post by KarmaChameleon Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:56 pm

It's whatever. It won't hurt you. Oh my goodness.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:49 pm

covetthis wrote:jessica, you are mistaken. you can not force it on another person, but it is allowed. just like religious clubs are allowed in the school.

yes, i believe it will be legal also. that doesn't mean i need to be accepting of it.

It doesnt mean you have to accept it...it just means you have to live with it!
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:30 am

i have to deal murderers. I don't wanna live with them
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:37 am

no. i don't choose to.

someone murdered my cousin. she didn't deserve it. but it happened, and i had to deal with it. i couldn't say, "oh, she's still alive."

this is rediculous if you think you can choose certain things in your life.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:42 am

covetthis wrote:no, you had to deal with death. you don't have to deal with the murder. two different things.

and you have to deal with gay marriage. you dont have to deal with the person who had those two sign the paper.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:47 am

covetthis wrote:that's just it, in order to need to deal with it, i'd need to associate with those who are gay and choose to marry, which i don't do and never will do.

but why in the name of sam heck not?

what's so wrong about it?!?!
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:52 am

but is gay marriage really hurting anyone?
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:15 am

who is it hurting?
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:23 am

covetthis wrote:i believe it hurts several people. more than they know.

oh, excuse me, i thought i said "who?"

not "please restate what you just said in a few words different.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:06 am

Why are we debating such a topic that people care about way too much, in my opinon time solves everything and in history it has in the 20th centuray gays we not as accepted and now in the 21st centuray gays are now accepted better and hopefully within the next generation/time they will be accepted with the power of marrige

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:19 pm

It's human rights. Women as far as history goes were mistreated, abused, and known as inferior to men. Generations upon generations were treated like slaves. Nothing happened until they stepped up. It's not time that solves everything, it's people deciding that the time is right for them to go fight for what they believe in. Rights for gay people is a newer issue, but I don't think anything's going to happen until they step up and claim their HUMAN rights. They shouldn't call them gay rights, they don't get more rights than us, they get their share of human rights just like everybody else.

As far as marriage, I think it should be a protestant marriage. I know catholics are tight to their tradition and that has nothing to do with government in a secular nation. You can always break off to make your own church, you just can't call it roman catholic.
Alexandra
Alexandra
100 posts!
100 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:30 pm

Why should a person have to break off of their religion just because of their sexuality? I mean if they truly still believe in their religion they should still be able to practice it.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:56 pm

It's not that I have a problem with it, it's just I don't think people should be forced to change their traditions for someone elses rights. I don't think the Catholic church would be okay with gay marriages-it's not their tradition. What makes catholics catholics is their tradition. As soon as they break away with that, they are protestants. The point is, I don't think gays should get any more rights than what we have, they get the same as everybody else.
Alexandra
Alexandra
100 posts!
100 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:00 pm

I say forget the nay sayers. Love is love, and there's nothing else to it.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:21 pm

Well, if you can get the child to say "I do" too, I suppose it would be okay unless the doctors stepped in and said "that's not healthy." The child has to become appropriate age though. At least in America you don't marry off your five-year old child.

It's still allowing them to love each other and get married. But if we force the catholics to accept them, then soon we're going to have a catholic rights issue. We're not solving the issue, we're just putting another one in its place. Even if I don't agree, I still respect their beliefs and traditions.
Alexandra
Alexandra
100 posts!
100 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:50 pm

I am not saying we have to make Catholics accept them I am saying they shouldn't have to change religions just because of what they believe, because they have the right to any religion.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by erleichda Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:04 pm

Ninja Yellow Monkey wrote:I am not saying we have to make Catholics accept them I am saying they shouldn't have to change religions just because of what they believe, because they have the right to any religion.

no one forces anyone out of a religion. religion is spiritual conviction. if a person feels convicted the "god" who they choose to believe in doesn't approve, so they choose to walk away, isn't the "religions" fault. they aren't being forced to change. they are CHOOSING their steps. i know several homosexual christians. christianity oddly enough, is one of the most accepting of homosexuality. because christianity is based on person conviction.
erleichda
erleichda
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:51 am

I wasn't saying that I was replying to how alexandra put that we can't make catholics accept them...I was only saying we can't push them away either we must have respect for them
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by erleichda Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:54 am

Ninja Yellow Monkey wrote:I wasn't saying that I was replying to how alexandra put that we can't make catholics accept them...I was only saying we can't push them away either we must have respect for them

i guess my point is, you can't say "religion". religion is personal. people push away, not religion.
erleichda
erleichda
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:59 am

I am saying people of that religion try to push them away and not respect them for who they are, and are mad that they are gay and still want to have religion. All I am saying is we don't have to accept them more than we should respect their views as well
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by erleichda Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:04 am

as i said, religion is based on conviction. but it's also based on religious text. christianity, islam, mormonism, and other directly say homosexuality is well, wrong, an abomination, and unnatural. so we also need to respect their views because they are standing by their religious conviction.
erleichda
erleichda
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:47 am

Yes but also they have to give respect them to get respect.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by erleichda Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:52 am

you are asking people to lay down their convictions, which is all religion is.

i agree, regardless of personal conviction, people need to respect one another and who they are. i don't mean they need to ACCEPT certain things, but they need to respect.

because christians and their doctrine is anti homosexuality, i will respect their view, regardless if i agree. why? because i want them to accept my view and opinion regardless of their belief. i'm not asking them to take on my view, but respect it is what i believe.
erleichda
erleichda
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:56 pm

I completely agree with what your saying, and I just want to add that if someone feels that are a different gender inside and emotionally it means that they are that gender, and does it truly matter what they physically look like? That's just my opinion.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by erleichda Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:59 pm

in regards to transgender and the church -

Christians believe God doesn't make mistakes. If someone is born male, and transition to female, they are basically saying, God screwed up. same with FTM.

erleichda
erleichda
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next