VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.
VirtualKid Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creationism vs Evolution

+6
pugsmonster
Darth Pyrinikon
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Jess
KarmaChameleon
Princess Sarah
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Creationism vs Evolution - Page 3 Empty Re: Creationism vs Evolution

Post by Darth Pyrinikon Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Ah but see this is the area that causes most debate: Creationism is indeed supported by science.
Darth Pyrinikon
Darth Pyrinikon
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Darth Pyrinikon wrote:Ah but see this is the area that causes most debate: Creationism is indeed supported by science.

However, to a certain extent. However, chances are the creationism side would be filled with mass amounts of religion, it has been highly demonstrated by schools over the last decade that will never stick to solid or scientific evidence/theory when discussing/teaching this topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:19 pm

CREATIONISM anyone has ther opinion but thats mine

Brian
50 posts!
50 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by SosbanFach Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Frankly, the way it ought to be taught seems to me to be obvious. Neither must be exclusive, but they are clearly not of the same school subject. Evolution is a process which has been observed (for example, mutations of viruses or bacteria which cause them to be resistant to certain antibiotics or the actions of the body's immune system). Thus, evolution is a scientific theory, and ought to be taught in subjects such as biology or geography.

On the other hand, that we were created by a higher being, be that being a god in the sense of the major world religions or not, has not, and crucially, can never be observed. As such, creationism absolutely should not be taught in any science class, nor as an explanation for anything, except in the context of a religious studies class or similar, where I believe it to be imperative that it is not taught by any teacher to be any more than a belief held by certain theists.
SosbanFach
SosbanFach
New!
New!

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ginger Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:33 am

creationism, it's in the bible and that's good enough for me.

I agree that it would be kinda hard to teach creationism in a science class without getting really deep into religion, but telling people it's not an option whatsoever? I don't think that's right.
Miss Ginger
Miss Ginger
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by SosbanFach Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:43 pm

Miss Ginger wrote:creationism, it's in the bible and that's good enough for me.

I agree that it would be kinda hard to teach creationism in a science class without getting really deep into religion, but telling people it's not an option whatsoever? I don't think that's right.

If by "not an option" you mean that it could not be a feasible possibility, then I would consider that to be both a true, and false statement. Insofar as scientific possibility, it would require a complete "rewrite" (for want of a better term) in order to incorporate the existence of some form of deity into modern scientific theories and thinking (ignoring entirely all the other issues surrounding that), hence why it is impossible. On the other hand, however, the entire point of [a] higher being(s) is that according to the majority of major theistic religions they need not work within the laws of scientific possibility, thus why it may be possible. It is this latter point which makes theism impossible to disprove, hence discount (and also impossible to prove).

What I said about scientific possibility of creationist views links in closely with your second point, or more precisely, why I disagree with what I have inferred from said point. From my understanding, you would want a fairly in-depth explanation of the "theory" of creationism in a science lesson. I disagree with this because, although it a view shared by hundreds of millions around the world, creationism is a religious theory with no scientific evidence to back it up, and as such, ought not to be taught alongside well-established scientific theories. I do believe, however, as I previously stated, that creationism ought not to be discounted altogether from being taught at schools. It ought to be explained in fair detail, in classes for religious education or similar, and presented as a belief held by some, allowing students to make their own decisions, rather than a "here is how the world was formed" attitude.
SosbanFach
SosbanFach
New!
New!

Back to top Go down

Post by LigerMan007 Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:20 pm

how fun , i believe in creation because of what I know , i know you have to look for christian scientists because of how many people are scared to go against the flow of modern day thinking , I ( as a person with a IQ of 186 asbergers and a whole lot of other things ) can say that I can find hope love and strength in what the bible teaches , and for a person that was steeped in a whole lot of evolution , I can say I WILL STAND FOR MY FAITH you have to have FAITH to go against what other people "say is the truth" and until you can give me enough evidence to make me think a way my life is ...
FAITH
GOD
lamina
HEAVEN
HELL
TRINITY
Thousands of years (not billions )
absolute GOOD & absolute EVIL
I do not worship in any religion,
RELIGION IS MANS FUTILE Attempt AT GETTING TO GOD
CHRISTIANITY IS THE WAY THAT GOD HAS SET FORTH FOR HIS SONS AND Daughters to come HIM !
And I'm sorry if I offended you BUT FAITH IN CHRIST IS STANDING UP TALL AND PROUD FOR YOUR TRUST IN GOD !
LigerMan007
LigerMan007
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by SosbanFach Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:33 pm

LigerMan007 wrote:how fun , i believe in creation because of what I know , i know you have to look for christian scientists because of how many people are scared to go against the flow of modern day thinking , I ( as a person with a IQ of 186 asbergers and a whole lot of other things ) can say that I can find hope love and strength in what the bible teaches , and for a person that was steeped in a whole lot of evolution , I can say I WILL STAND FOR MY FAITH you have to have FAITH to go against what other people "say is the truth" and until you can give me enough evidence to make me think a way my life is ...
FAITH
GOD
lamina
HEAVEN
HELL
TRINITY
Thousands of years (not billions )
absolute GOOD & absolute EVIL
I do not worship in any religion,
RELIGION IS MANS FUTILE Attempt AT GETTING TO GOD
CHRISTIANITY IS THE WAY THAT GOD HAS SET FORTH FOR HIS SONS AND Daughters to come HIM !
And I'm sorry if I offended you BUT FAITH IN CHRIST IS STANDING UP TALL AND PROUD FOR YOUR TRUST IN GOD !

Somehow you have managed to make your post almost entirely irrelevant to the topic of the debate. Not only that, but you have failed to address any of the points made against your view. You have also stopped slightly short of entirely contradicting yourself, by saying that you "do not worship in any religion," and that "RELIGION IS MANS [sic] FUTILE Attempt AT GETTING TO GOD" whilst also saying that "CHRISTIANITY IS THE WAY THAT GOD HAS SET FORTH". Are you saying that you do not believe Christianity to be a religion?

Frankly, for the aforementioned reasons, coupled with the gross overuse of capitalisation, I find it very difficult to place any credibility in the points which you have made.
SosbanFach
SosbanFach
New!
New!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum