VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.
VirtualKid Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creationism vs Evolution

+6
pugsmonster
Darth Pyrinikon
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Jess
KarmaChameleon
Princess Sarah
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Creationism vs Evolution Empty Creationism vs Evolution

Post by Princess Sarah Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:29 pm

So, some people are debating whether or not creationism should be taught with evolution. So tell me what your guys's opinions are on this.

Personally, I think that if evolution is taught in a classroom, then creationism should be taught alongside it so then both sides of the story are told and the teacher isn't just giving his/her own opinion. And because there is no REAL proof that either one of those are how we were created. They are all just based on faith and what you believe in.

Princess Sarah
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Creationism vs Evolution Empty Re: Creationism vs Evolution

Post by KarmaChameleon Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:28 pm

This is a good debate.

Personally I would love for it to happen, but it won't, and we will never be able to get a teacher that won't put in their two cents.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sarah Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:40 pm

that's true, but i think that would be the most fair to teach both. because i cant stand when im in a classroom and the teacher will teach all about evolution and just make everyone think its true when i believe in creationism

Princess Sarah
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:49 pm

to be honest, sarah, if they taught creationism, there would be huge issues, because then they would have to teach every type that the world was made, including other religions.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:48 pm

no.

creationism is not a science. it's okay if it's taught in a world affairs class (and not forced on others) but a science class? no. evolution is a theory. creationism is not. evolution has evidence. creationism does not.

Princess Sarah wrote:And because there is no REAL proof that either one of those are how we were created. They are all just based on faith and what you believe in.

there IS proof for evolution. it's been proven again and again for the past 150 years.....

Princess Sarah wrote:the teacher isn't just giving his/her own opinion

it's not given as one's own opinion. it's a theory...which means it happened.
Jess
Jess
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sarah Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:04 am

no it has not been proven. Nobody is 100% positive that everything was created by evolution. which by the way the meaning of the word THEORY doesn't mean that it's a fact. a theory CAN be proven wrong. that is why evolution is a theory because it has not been 100% accurate and it can be proven otherwise.

Princess Sarah
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:20 am

regardless, creationism is not a science. it should not be taught in a science class. in history, world affairs or religion classes, yes, but not in a science class. and it should be optional
Jess
Jess
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:56 am

Jessica wrote: it's not given as one's own opinion. it's a theory...which means it happened.

well, this isn't always true.

flat earth theory

Geryl and Cotterell Theories Shown to be Wrong

Geoff Stray has debunked Patrick Geryl's theory, which in The Orion Prophecies and The World Cataclysm in 2012 supposedly
shows the Long Count encodes a sunspot megacycle that will cause polar
shift and crustal displacement in 2012. (See pages 150-154 of Stray's
book, Beyond 2012: Catastrophe or Awakening?. He does the same
for the "data" and theory upon which Geryl bases his own theory, that of
Maurice Cotterell and Adrian Gilbert inThe Mayan Prophecies

yeah.

so, uh..

to be honest, no one here on this earth was there when it happened. we don't have to argue it, but what we can do is think about which makes more sense to us.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:04 am

I have to agree with jessica, while my own religion does tell ways in whitch the earth was created, I am quite sure I belive them.

I would however like to say that I feel when it comes to this religion should be kept out of the classroom unless chossen as a subject as I belive giving children hard facts is much better knowlage than just a belief.

Religon is dying and that is the sad truth, everyday science is growing and religion is not, Religion will never become dead but it is on the decline. Religion played a key role over 50 years ago when science was just a "child" but now science is growing and with that, will be the decline in religion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:52 am

I get what your saying about religion decline^^ And I think we need to be able to show people how important of a role it has had on our history if we ever want it to grow.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sarah Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:23 pm

About what derri said: maybe religion is declining because schools refuse to teach it. If they are going to refuse religion, then they should refuse to teach about evolution, or ways that scientists think everything was created, because i just dont think its fair for them to teach one side of the story. so of course religion will decline if all you're taught about in school is how scientists think the world and people were created. All in all, both stories are just one's own belief, no one can completely prove anything. so if they wont teach about creationism, dont teach evolution. simple solution.

Princess Sarah
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:14 pm

evolution HAS been proven. there's been evidence for THOUSANDS of years. fossils are evidence. molecular biology. camouflage.

there's no evidence for creationism

as I said before, they can teach religion, but it's not a science so it shouldn't be taught in science class. evolution is the heart of biology.
Jess
Jess
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sarah Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:01 pm

okay if evolution HAS been proven, then why have there still been controversy over these "thousands" of years you say evolution has been proven??? If evolution has been proven 100% true, people still wouldn't be arguing over it.
And you keep saying how there's no evidence for creationism. well DUH. Creationism is about faith. God wants people to believe in him and what he did by his word, and not by people just seeing or having proof. That's what religion is all about

Princess Sarah
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:19 pm

people argue over it because some people still deny it.
Jess
Jess
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:05 pm

I think evolution is juts a wild guess scientists used to try to explain things that's why it's a theory!
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sarah Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:21 pm

Exactly!^^^
I want to know where the exact evidence for evolution. Jessica, you always say "it's been proven" "it's true"
Well where is the evidence??? You can't just claim something is true without evidence.

Princess Sarah
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:31 pm

I don't get how in science we are always told these "theories, but like Sarah just said^^^There is no evidence to prove them and they can change ALL the time that's why it's called a theory
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:37 pm

now, brooke, and sarah.. this is NOT a guess.

it actually makes sense. please realize this.

it can't be proven, and this is why it is still a theory.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sarah Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:49 pm

Well creationism makes sense too. Evolution doesn't have exact proof and I'm not just gonna sit around and hear it. If someone's gonna say something has proof, they better back up their answers with facts

Princess Sarah
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:57 pm

i never said that creationism didn't make sense.

im gonna need links, but i AM a christian, and i'd like to talk to my biology teacher about that, because he is a christian, and when we go back to school, tuesday, we're gonna learn about evolution
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sarah Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:02 am

Ugh, that ticks me off. I'm not gonna learn about something I dont believe in and I don't think that's fair.

And Eric, I know ur Christian. And I think you should stand up for what u believe in more on this site also

Princess Sarah
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:04 am

Princess Sarah wrote:Ugh, that ticks me off. I'm not gonna learn about something I dont believe in and I don't think that's fair.

And Eric, I know ur Christian. And I think you should stand up for what u believe in more on this site also

what i know is that:

i am a christian
i don't want other religions put in my face
and i don't like hypocrites.

SO- I should not rub MY religion in other people's faces. However, people do have to have some tolerance for others when it comes to religion. I tolerate just about everything when it comes to religion, besides bashing. All I ask for is the respect and the tolerance back.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sarah Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:07 am

I never said to rub ur religion in peoples face. I just said stand up for it more when it's brought up, kinda like this thread.
But anyway this is getting off topic just a bit.. Off Topic! lol

Princess Sarah
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:11 am

I don't get how this has gotton to be about rubbing religion is people's faces, but what I can say is if we can't say tons about religion why can scientist say tons about their belief in evolution.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sarah Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:19 am

Exactly^^
People can say every thing they want about theories of science, but when it comes to religion, u get your head bitten off

Princess Sarah
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum