VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.
VirtualKid Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Penalty

+7
Vulpes
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Short Circuit
Darth Pyrinikon
The Anonymous Man
KarmaChameleon
Jess
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Death Penalty Empty Death Penalty

Post by Jess Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:40 pm

So what are your thoughts on the death penalty?

I'm completely against it. Maybe killers deserve to die, but killing them is too easy of a punishment and well wouldn't we be killers ourselves if we execute murderers?

not only that, some people kill but they don't completely understand their action. or they're a minor. mentally ill. life in prison is better for the killers that completely understand their actions. let them suffer for the rest of their life in jail.
Jess
Jess
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Death Penalty Empty Re: Death Penalty

Post by KarmaChameleon Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:47 pm

Death Penalty Casey-anthony-laptop-cartoon-0413_rdax_676x448

if you can't see that.. go here
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Anonymous Man Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:31 am

i totally agree, the death penalty is to quick and if the criminals did something that bad, they deserve to be punished for it(life in prison).

The Anonymous Man
New!
New!

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Pyrinikon Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:39 am

One death (or 100) does not deserve another.
Darth Pyrinikon
Darth Pyrinikon
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:39 am

Eric wrote:Death Penalty Casey-anthony-laptop-cartoon-0413_rdax_676x448

if you can't see that.. go here

yeah that says it all :/
Jess
Jess
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Short Circuit Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:00 am

The Death Penalty is supposed to be a deterrent to stop people killing each other. Does it work? NO! So why have it? There are very few countries who now have it, and as soon as they catch up with the rest of the world, the better.
Short Circuit
Short Circuit
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:21 pm

Truthfully having the death penalty just puts the killer out of their misery. So why do that? We should just let them live with that guilt and reminder, and show them how they hurt the family and show them the hurt they actually did so they will suffer that pain. Because and eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind.......If we kill other people for killing people that makes us murderers too.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:13 pm

My dad argues that keeping a man alive who killed people will only cost us taxes from Indiana, but the way I look at it is.. he costs... what? $20,000 a year, divided between 6 million people in Indiana.. whats that. Way less than a dollar per person.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:45 pm

Plus....everyone deserves life....even if it is inside jail
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vulpes Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:29 pm

I'm against it. In a nutshell: If you kill a killer out of spite, and you have the killer out from where they can harm more people, you are no better than them.

---

If they want death it is okay to give them release

Last edited by Vulpes on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Vulpes
Vulpes
New!
New!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:31 pm

I completely agree because....

An Eye for An Eye Makes the Whole World Go Blind
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:11 pm

I think if they ask for it, they might get it. Ask the family too. These people aren't living with the guilt. You know what our prisons are sometimes like? Food every day. TV. Excercise rooms. Occasional internet. We have innocent people starving in America. If I had to choose, I would choose to feed the people who want to work and contribute to America. We at least shouldn't give them that easy a life for commiting horrible crimes. It's a tough decision. I don't want anybody to suffer.
Alexandra
Alexandra
100 posts!
100 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:00 am

Life in prison isn't as easy as you think. The gangs that live there are just as deadly as they are on the street, and possibly even more deadly. Your first week in prison is when your either safe from the gangs or a target. Also you have little privacy, and poor food. You also have to fend for yourself if your attacked in prison until a guard comes on by. And isn't killing them just like what they did to a person? Yes. Does it make the person who died come back to life? No Does it change anything about what happened? No So how does it help to murder someone? I know they murdered an innocent soul, but we don't have a right to murder them as well. Remember and eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind.

Also Check out this Video about a women who was actually in prison.
(I know it's Oprah, but it provides my information with evidence)

http://www.oprah.com/world/Life-Inside-a-Womens-Prison-Video

Also Check Out This Video

http://bigthink.com/ideas/24106
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by erleichda Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:57 am

I am pro death penalty. if someone will serve life in prison, and has murdered someone, it's actually less expensive to carry out the death penalty than continue paying for them to remain in prison which costs tax payers money.
erleichda
erleichda
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:28 am

erleichda wrote:I am pro death penalty. if someone will serve life in prison, and has murdered someone, it's actually less expensive to carry out the death penalty than continue paying for them to remain in prison which costs tax payers money.

Ok, seriously! Why does everyone go back to money! I mean I know it takes money to have jails, but that doesn't mean it's right to kill someone. I don't care if it takes money to keep them in there truthfully, because I feel like killing someone truthfully doesn't help anything. I know someone is going to go back to world hunger but killing someone isn't going to solve it now is it?
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by erleichda Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:02 am

well, the death penalty isn't going to end world hunger and our country, the USA, is in financial debt so terrible we are headed to a depression. keeping murders alive is supporting those who have broken the law, took someone's life, and it's costing tax payers money to do that.
erleichda
erleichda
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:43 am

Jails aren't the reason our country is in debt. The reason our country is in debt is because we don't know how to use our own money, and taking someone's life is just wrong morally. I don't care about tax payers at this point, because if we move higher taxes to richer people then we wouldn't have that problem.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:17 am

Ninja Yellow Monkey wrote:Life in prison isn't as easy as you think. The gangs that live there are just as deadly as they are on the street, and possibly even more deadly. Your first week in prison is when your either safe from the gangs or a target. Also you have little privacy, and poor food. You also have to fend for yourself if your attacked in prison until a guard comes on by. And isn't killing them just like what they did to a person? Yes. Does it make the person who died come back to life? No Does it change anything about what happened? No So how does it help to murder someone? I know they murdered an innocent soul, but we don't have a right to murder them as well. Remember and eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind.

Also Check out this Video about a women who was actually in prison.
(I know it's Oprah, but it provides my information with evidence)

http://www.oprah.com/world/Life-Inside-a-Womens-Prison-Video

Also Check Out This Video

[url=http://bigthink.com/ideas/24106
http://bigthink.com/ideas/24106[/quote[/url]]

Well, the conditions there kind of remind me of school.

If they don't want the death penalty, then don't give it to them. What if their family's dead and they have nowhere to go to? I don't think it should be used as a punishment. I personally think most of the criminals who are facing the death penalty are deserving being in the hospital. If we're killing them, it's not like what they just did to their victim. They would be choosing it.
Alexandra
Alexandra
100 posts!
100 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:35 pm

The problem is we are choosing their fate right now, and most don't have physical problems with health. And also that would lead to them choosing if they want to go to jail, so they can be taught a lesson.

And really that reminds you about school? So you can get deadly diseases at school, and you could easily get murdered or raped at school? And you have little privacy and poor food that makes you have food poisoning? Last time I checked we were suppose to be safe at school.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Short Circuit Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:45 pm

The UK got rid of the death penalty years ago, it is NOT a deterrent to stop people killing, so what is the point of having it?

The reasons the USA and the UK is in financial trouble, is the unjustified wars that we participate in, how much does it cost every day to "police" the world? It would keep a small country in food for the rest of its natural life! However, that is another debate
Short Circuit
Short Circuit
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by erleichda Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:12 pm

Ninja Yellow Monkey wrote:Jails aren't the reason our country is in debt. The reason our country is in debt is because we don't know how to use our own money, and taking someone's life is just wrong morally. I don't care about tax payers at this point, because if we move higher taxes to richer people then we wouldn't have that problem.

i didn't say jails are the reason the country's in debt. i said jails cost tax payers money. they do contribute to the financial issues within the US though.
erleichda
erleichda
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:10 pm

I do agree that they do cost money, and do contribute to financial issues, but jails are extremely important to our country to keep us safe.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:21 pm

I think instead of taking more money out of schools, they should take more money out of jails first.
Alexandra
Alexandra
100 posts!
100 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:45 pm

We already have, and now our jails are even more in the dump, I think we should get money by taxing wealthier people who have money to spare. Because if we don't then schools will be like jails.

P.S I never said to take money out of schools, now did I?(:
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by erleichda Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Ninja Yellow Monkey wrote:I do agree that they do cost money, and do contribute to financial issues, but jails are extremely important to our country to keep us safe.

i completely agree. think about it though, everyday people eat, shower, have heat and air conditioning, watch tv, work out, obtain medical attention, and get transportation for free at the cost of the tax payers.

so all i'm saying is removing those who are sent to prison for murder and are sentence to LIFE with NO CHANCE of parole should be considered for the death penalty.
erleichda
erleichda
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next