VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.
VirtualKid Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Penalty

+7
Vulpes
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Short Circuit
Darth Pyrinikon
The Anonymous Man
KarmaChameleon
Jess
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Death Penalty - Page 2 Empty Re: Death Penalty

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:19 pm

I agree with erleichda on this.

They get so much for free and infact it is more than homless people and its more than people in poverty get.

Also it would reduce over crouding in prisions

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:47 pm

That's cruel to say that you want to just kill people just because of over crowding and money. Everyone deserves life no matter what damage they have created. We don't have the right to choose when their life is over or not, only time has that right. We all have morals, and I'm sure on those morals somewhere you have chosen not to murder, but if you kill these people that is murder. It's stopping someone's heart by man power. And truthfully I'm sick and tired of how man power has gotton us this far. Why can't we just let mother nature take life away not us. Let's not be judge mental, because I am sure in all of those people deep down beyond all the bad and sorrow they have created there is a good person. A person who cares. It's our job to recover that person. To give them a chance to have a real life, and to make some good here. Saying that you want to kill someone because of poverty, and because you don't want to pay for jails because you want money is cold hearted, and cruel. Besides, when you die none of that will matter anymore, because you can't take your money with when your a mere soul. You can't buy anything, you can't change what you did. Because there's no re-winds when you die. In fact there's no re-winds in life. Don't you want to have a good life. A care free life. One that isn't based on money, but based on fun, and happiness, and time with family and friends. Why spend your whole life wanting money, and being greedy, and killing people just because you want money, no, you want pieces of paper that will mean nothing when you die.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by erleichda Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:04 pm

do you realize your position on my opinion is judgmental?
erleichda
erleichda
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:06 pm

I am talking about being judgemental on other people that have done bad, and I could say the same thing to you.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by erleichda Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:09 pm

i have not spoken badly against your opinion. you have mine. you have spoken judgment, not me.
erleichda
erleichda
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:15 pm

I am not speaking badly against I am just trying to put it into perspective to show what I feel by making you imagine yourself in that position I do apologize if that tactic has made you uncomfortable(:
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by erleichda Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:20 pm

you are bashing morals. you are using a tactic outside of judgment. i'm done speaking about judgment now. back on topic.
erleichda
erleichda
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:23 pm

I wasn't bashing morals I was stating what you might have in your morals about murdering being bad.

Anyway.......

I agree with some of what your saying, but I just think we should let other people out of jail sooner that have had smaller crimes done like stealing from a gas station, or drunk driving. This would decrease the jail crowding.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by justateen Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:04 am

Eric wrote:My dad argues that keeping a man alive who killed people will only cost us taxes from Indiana, but the way I look at it is.. he costs... what? $20,000 a year, divided between 6 million people in Indiana.. whats that. Way less than a dollar per person.

There is more than one person in Indiana on death row. So the $$$ add up. And dont forget about all the legal fees (lawyer for the accused and so on).

In Texas it takes 10 years (on average) and up to 2 million dollars to legally kill a man.

justateen
25 posts!
25 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:10 am

I agree with justateen, because the more lawyers we need for people to fight against dying adds up more than just letting them live Although truthfully it doesn't matter how much jails costs. And tell me that you're not afraid of dying? Just because they have done a crime doesn't mean they don't feel pain either. They are just as human as we are.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by erleichda Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:11 am

current day death penalty is pain free. you go to sleep and don't wake up.

i don't believe ALL people should be put on death row and suffer the death penalty. i do believe in some cases, it should be enforced.
erleichda
erleichda
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:30 pm

I agree completely with what your saying, except I think we should give people 2 tries. The first time we try to give them help psychologically, and teach them how to do good, and the second time we could leave it up to the judicial system to choose their fate.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by erleichda Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:32 pm

some people don't have the ability to receive help. they have anti social personality disorders and have no ability to know remorse, but they are EXCELLENT with manipulation. they are HIGHLY dangerous and unfortunately what you are suggesting would only lead to more death and murder among these particular type murderers.
erleichda
erleichda
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:01 pm

It would only if we let them "free to roam". What if we keep them in jail to have psychologists help them with their disorders, because everything stems from what you were taught, or saw around you. If we can help them realize what they have done is wrong then they will stop, but we have to help them realize, and in a sense re-teach them. Because in that way some of them don't even know what they have done is wrong, so they deserve a second try to learn. And like I said before in jail, or at a mental hospital not "free" so to speak.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by erleichda Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:04 pm

a sociopath can't be helped, that's just how it is. not trying to be a downer, it's just truth. and to even have them in jails is dangerous. they are still a huge threat to other inmates and keeping them for life in solitary would drive them insane, literally.
erleichda
erleichda
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:07 pm

Then in those cases then yes I would agree they should not be helped, and should go straight to the judicial system, but most 1 time offenders can be helped.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by erleichda Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:18 pm

^^^ i can agree with your logic.
erleichda
erleichda
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:30 pm

erleichda wrote:^^^ i can agree with your logic.

Thank you, and I agree with your's to an extent
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:13 am

Capital Punishment is bullshit. I'll give reasons as to why if you wanna know...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:28 am

Truthfully from your intro i don't want to know...
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:44 pm

Sorry. That was a joke about school. I was relating everything, but scaled down. Smile Bad joke bin. I think I gave a bunch people swine flu at my school.

I said earlier that they are asked if they want the death penalty, not that we are executing them. There's no point in teaching someone a lesson if they're never going to be in the real world again. They have no chance of success at life after being in prison for life. Even if they do get released, is anyone going to hire them? They'll be forced to steal and they might start killing again. They're never going to get anywhere after what they'd done. We research their history, we ask them. Is it really letting them live by letting them live?
Alexandra
Alexandra
100 posts!
100 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by erleichda Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:01 pm

Alexandra wrote:Sorry. That was a joke about school. I was relating everything, but scaled down. Smile Bad joke bin. I think I gave a bunch people swine flu at my school.

I said earlier that they are asked if they want the death penalty, not that we are executing them. There's no point in teaching someone a lesson if they're never going to be in the real world again. They have no chance of success at life after being in prison for life. Even if they do get released, is anyone going to hire them? They'll be forced to steal and they might start killing again. They're never going to get anywhere after what they'd done. We research their history, we ask them. Is it really letting them live by letting them live?

not true ^^^. there are actually programs that are designed to help parolees find and maintain jobs. those are people who are released for things such as, manslaughter, rape, fraud, molest, and others. they are felons and have been in prison for years, so, they released to a form of halfway house where they can successfully be "made right and become productive members of society.

my sister is in prison, on 3 counts of attempted murderer. she will be released, eventually, and from there leave to a halfway house.

also, in prisons, they offer job training for those who are at a high enough standing and are planned to at sometime be released back into society.
erleichda
erleichda
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:09 pm

Ah. I did not know about that. I just believe that the death penalty should not be a punishment. If there is always a second chance, then I believe the death penalty should not be acceptable.
Alexandra
Alexandra
100 posts!
100 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by erleichda Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:20 pm

did you read what was said about sociopaths? from what you are saying i would have to assume you didn't. i'd suggest you look back through this thread and read the FACTUAL debate.

erleichda
erleichda
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:40 pm

P.S I never said to take money out of schools, now did I?(:[/quote]

No. I was talking about the charter school idea. That will probably be a different debate someday. Smile
Alexandra
Alexandra
100 posts!
100 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum