VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.
VirtualKid Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with parents... any advice?

3 posters

Go down

Problems with parents... any advice? Empty Problems with parents... any advice?

Post by Miss Ginger Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:03 pm

Well today I was supposed to go to my dad's house. But I really didn't want to go. If you didn't know, my dad has anger issues and can get abusive. He sleeps all day and there's never any food at his house, so I'm constantly taking care of Gwen (my little sister). So anyway, I come home crying cuz I don't want to go, take care of Gwen, and in the end, come home with bruises (which I have tried my best to hide). It's hard because I love him and usually don't get to see him as much as I would like, but lately I can't stand to be around him by myself. So this weekend I'm staying home, and Gwen is with him. I feel guilty for not being there for her, but I don't think I could take another day at his house. He's upset now. He know I don't want to be with him. My mom and step dad have told me to confront him and tell him I feel used and don't enjoy myself at his house. But what they don't know is about the bruises and his anger. If I tell him I don't want to be with him, what will happen to me, or even Gwen? If he hurts her because of something I said, idk if I could ever forgive myself.

Any thoughts on what I should do? I'd really appreciate your opinion.
Miss Ginger
Miss Ginger
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Problems with parents... any advice? Empty Re: Problems with parents... any advice?

Post by KarmaChameleon Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:21 pm

Hey, Miss Magnolia Muffin Tin.

I have been hearing these stories for a while, and have been praying and hoping with all of my heart that you would ask for help. Now you are beginning to get some. You have no idea how happy I am.

But back to the subject. I really don't know how much of a help I am besides being here. I need you to know that if you think that you are not safe there for a reason, and if you think that Gwen would be safe there, please realize that you did the right thing. If anything happens, I do not believe it would be your fault, because you aren't in control of him. Maybe he will realize what's going on, and everything will be good.

Problems with parents... any advice? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfvjllLdWChcJ1GRD9ewq0E-SY357NNjAnnGVz7xUEm0iJuvqsJXbaBFYKkg
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Problems with parents... any advice? Empty Re: Problems with parents... any advice?

Post by Miss Ginger Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Thx Eric. Just knowing you're there helps a lot. I know some of the things I talked about are out of my control, but I just wish I could do something about it.
Miss Ginger
Miss Ginger
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Short Circuit Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:47 pm

Have you talked to your mum and step dad about it Maggie? You really must, not just for your own safety, but for your sisters as well. When you have been hit and it leaves bruises, that is abuse, there is no other word for it, you MUST tell your mum at least.
Short Circuit
Short Circuit
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down