VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.
VirtualKid Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boehner vows to overturn Obama’s birth control coverage rule

5 posters

Go down

Boehner vows to overturn Obama’s birth control coverage rule Empty Boehner vows to overturn Obama’s birth control coverage rule

Post by Jess Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:08 pm

Boehner vows to overturn Obama’s birth control coverage rule

From the Republican presidential candidates to top GOP lawmakers in Washington, party leaders are engaging in a full-court press against the Obama Administration's decision to force employers affiliated with religious groups to offer health care insurance plans to workers that cover birth control free of charge, even if the action contradicts the employer's religious beliefs.

In a rare move for someone in his office, House Speaker John Boehner, Republican of Ohio, took to the floor of the chamber on Wednesday to discuss a legislative plan to overturn the decision. Calling the rule "an unambiguous attack" on faith-based groups, Boehner said the House would begin work on a bill immediately.

"If the president does not reverse the department's attack on religious freedom, then the Congress, acting on behalf of the American people, and the Constitution that we're sworn to uphold and defend, must," Boehner, a Catholic, said. "The House will approach this matter fairly and deliberately through regular order and appropriate legislative channels."

Boehner said that the chamber's Energy and Commerce committee will take the lead in drafting the legislation to overturn the decision.

Last month, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius announced that certain faith-based groups would have one year to comply with the requirement, enacted when Congress passed a federal health care overhaul in 2010. "Nonprofit employers who, based on religious beliefs, do not currently provide contraceptive coverage in their insurance plan, will be provided an additional year, until August 1, 2013, to comply with the new law," Sebelius said in the statement.

The rule still exempts houses of worship from having to provide insurance that offers free contraceptives, but it applies to non-profit organizations funded by churches, including universities, hospitals and charities. The decision not to exempt those groups has resulted in an uproar from religious groups--particularly the Catholic Church--who say the federal mandate to pay for birth control infringes on their religious beliefs.

personally I hope he fails. women should have the right to birth control regardless of what OTHER people's religious beliefs are.
Jess
Jess
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Boehner vows to overturn Obama’s birth control coverage rule Empty Re: Boehner vows to overturn Obama’s birth control coverage rule

Post by Hutch Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:48 am

I agree Jessica, it should be the mother's decision weather to have the baby or kill it.

Hutch
100 posts!
100 posts!

Back to top Go down

Boehner vows to overturn Obama’s birth control coverage rule Empty Re: Boehner vows to overturn Obama’s birth control coverage rule

Post by KarmaChameleon Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:40 am

you can't kill it if it isn't alive. but nicely said zacc.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sarah Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:44 pm

yes it is a mother's choice if she wants to either have the baby or kill it, but i still think it's morally wrong to take the baby's life.

but please stay on topic. this is about whether you agree with the birth control coverage rule or not.

Princess Sarah
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:30 pm

bighutch443 wrote:I agree Jessica, it should be the mother's decision weather to have the baby or kill it.

now that i think about it, zacc.. i think you are missing the point. they are saying here that (i think) that they should have condoms and birth control available for students. i agree. its better to be safe, and to have kids having sex without birth control.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutch Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:33 pm

Idk if she means abortion or not having kids but having pleasure

Hutch
100 posts!
100 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:49 pm

it's birth control, not abortion. and don't over 90% of women use it? so yeah...
Jess
Jess
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Short Circuit Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:48 am

Over here, boys can go into any hospital sexual health clinic and get FREE condoms, girls can go to the doctor and get FREE prescriptions for the pill, I really cannot see what the problem is over there about this subject. If it prevents an unwanted pregnancy, surely its better for the state who picks up the bill looking after these unwanted children?
Short Circuit
Short Circuit
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down