VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.
VirtualKid Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

November VK Newsletter

Go down

November VK Newsletter Empty November VK Newsletter

Post by Jess Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:17 pm

VirtualKid Newsletter for November

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Interviews

Silverwolf:

1. How did you hear about VK?

I heard about VK from the VirtualTeen website that I am also on. It was on someone’s signature, and I clicked it.

2. What made you want to be part of its efforts, and buy the domain for it?

Well the factor that made me want to help is very simple, there are not many sites that offer any kind of support to teen in need without judging them on what they say and or do. Another reason is not many teens get listened to now days. The reason why I choose to invest in VK was because well for one, a site with adverts is really really bad and looks horrible. Also the domain name as well looks good if it does not say "free forum". Also as I said above not many sites like this on the web.

3. What do you plan on doing to make VirtualKid different from all other teen help forums out there?

This is a hard question, as we have already made it like so many other sections. All we can do is try to be original in our ideas and our plans for the future.

4. What are you doing to spread the word about it?

I will try and add it to as many signatures as I can on various forums that I find will help people. I also intend to try and secure our place on the web so that you can do type in rough idea of the site and not have to search through so many names to find it.

4. What do you like the most about VirtualKid now?

How friendly the people are. And how I have been accepted and welcomed in by the community.

5. What would you change about it?

The name, virtual kid is just far too easy to be mistaken by. Also if we have a unique forum name then it improves our chances of being able to be found on the web.

Jessica:

1. Why did you want to be a part of the efforts of VirtualKid?

I love helping others (:

2. What do you like the most/least about this site so far?

What I like most: it's active and friendly.

What I like least: it uses a free forum host...and uh because of that...can't really install any phpBB modification you want...

3. Do you plan on making any major changes to the forums?

Not now.

Eric:

1. What inspired you to create VirtualKid?

Well, it just made me feel good when I volunteered my time to help others, and I feel on VirtualTeen there were a few things that could be changed, and no one was taking my suggestions there.

2. How long did you have the idea of making your own site?

Well, I have made a few sites before. None of them really took off. Actually, I left one website because "Vengeance" (a spamming group) took over, yikes! They can't do it to this website, though.

3. What do you plan to do to make this site different from any other teen help site out there?

Well, unlike a few sites I know, I will definitely listen to the people of the site, and try and make suggestions more... you know, listenable?

4. How are you (and us too) going to attract more users to the site?

As you know, it's been a learning process for me, and most of you as well. I will just have to get the word out around school, then VirtualTeen, and also some other places.

Moderator Openings

There is one mod opening right now.

News with VirtualKid

So many things we have to talk about. I just want to thank the staff that have been there since the beginning, and especially Jessica who has really helped me take this site off of the ground.

As you all may or may not know, by the time you will be reading this, this website might be virtualkid.org, which is amazing. I would like to thank SilverWolf, and I think everyone else should, too. He bought the credits, and they were not cheap. I am so thankful, because he saw a cause here, and is making it so it won't be a lost one. He bought the credits so that we could have the domain, have no ads for members OR guests. He is one person that will be remembered in this site.

Other big announcements are that this site has reached its 1500th+ post, and it's only a month old. That's like 46 posts a day. I have gained many people through VirtualTeen, and through Jessica's "School and Chat" website which is pretty cool, I consider checking it out.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone that has been posting here, who has brought people here, and anyone else who has been responsible.

~Sincerely
Bogumil queen

Ask Aaron; advice column

Ever feeling like you need some good advice? Well, submit your question to askaaronvirtualkid@hotmail.com Smile He should get back to you asap. This person is anonymous.

World Events
By: Kyle

Kyle has no idea what to write about! You guys need to send him a PM about what he should write about!

Staff
Jessica- Editor-in-Chief
Bogumil- VK announcements and mod openings
StoppingTime- Interviews
Kyle- World Events
Anonymous- Ask Aaron
Jess
Jess
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down