VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.
VirtualKid Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obessive Compulsive Disorder informational post.

2 posters

Go down

Obessive Compulsive Disorder informational post. Empty Obessive Compulsive Disorder informational post.

Post by KarmaChameleon Thu May 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (or OCD) is defined as “an anxiety disorder
characterized by unreasonable thoughts and fears (obsessions) that lead
you to do repetitive behaviors (compulsions).” Some people may realize
that they have these unreasonable disorders. They try to stop them, but
they just make them more upset, causing more stress and anxiety,
bringing you back to the issue.

OCD can be in the form of washing your hands obsessively, with the theme of
the fear that they would be getting germs. It could also be in the form
of someone having a specific number of ice cubes in a drink of water.
Or something along the lines of that.

Spoiler:
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Obessive Compulsive Disorder informational post. Empty Re: Obessive Compulsive Disorder informational post.

Post by hope4daworld Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:24 am

Okay for the record, did a whole research paper on this....I hate it....I have severe OCD and you even try to make fun of it, I'll hunt you down >Smile lol
hope4daworld
hope4daworld
25 posts!
25 posts!

Back to top Go down

Obessive Compulsive Disorder informational post. Empty Re: Obessive Compulsive Disorder informational post.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:37 am

hope4daworld wrote:Okay for the record, did a whole research paper on this....I hate it....I have severe OCD and you even try to make fun of it, I'll hunt you down >Smile lol

For the record this is a help site.

Anyone who does make fun of any disorder or disease or anything that anyone else has won't be on the forums for very long.

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:39 am

Exactly, Derri.

With an admin like me who has a lot of things wrong with me, I will make sure that this is a safe environment by moderating it myself, and picking staff that I know can do the best job.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by hope4daworld Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:41 am

Awesome:) And if anyone does need help coping, I have endless resources to it.....In fact, being so fed up with it, I am going into neurology and am going to research to find a cure.
hope4daworld
hope4daworld
25 posts!
25 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum