VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.
VirtualKid Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just as things were getting better........

5 posters

Go down

just as things were getting better........  Empty just as things were getting better........

Post by KarmaChameleon Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:40 pm

just when everything was going great with my life, something had to happen. my dad is going to die.

i'm tired of keeping this whole thing a secret from my friends. i have severe depression. there, i said it.. wasn't that hard...

for those who don't know, around solo and ensemble time, my dad didn't show up to my solo, or my ensemble like he said he would. he was in the hospital. he passed out at home, because he couldn't breathe. his lungs were being cut off from air because he couldn't eat.

so he went to the doctors.

on February 13, 2012.. my father was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer. he had an 8 starred tumor in his esophagus. eventually he went to the veteran's hospital in indy and got it taken out.

but now, he has to be recovered. he has to take treatments. so yesterday at his confrontation meeting with his doctor........

the radiation treatments, since they are supposed to be in the center of the esophagus, so it could ruin his heart, lungs, spine, and ironically enough cause swallowing issues, which is why he went into the treatments in the first place. so, if he takes the treatments, his heart won't last very long.

but if he doesn't take the treatments, well, he still has stage 3 cancer. so, there is an 88% chance that he will die without the treatments. and with them, well, it's just too much to add up.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

just as things were getting better........  Empty Re: just as things were getting better........

Post by Stuart D Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:52 pm

Eric im really sorry to hear about your dad im here for you if you need to talk if you ever need anything just ask , i hope he gets better
Stuart D
Stuart D
100 posts!
100 posts!

Back to top Go down

just as things were getting better........  Empty Re: just as things were getting better........

Post by Kryptonite Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:03 pm

im sorry eric! if you need anything just tell me im here for you buddy!
Kryptonite
Kryptonite
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ginger Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:41 pm

For as in Adam all die, also in Christ shall all be made alive.
- 1 Corinthians 15:22

Your dad and your family will be in my prayers. I'm always around when you wanna talk.
Miss Ginger
Miss Ginger
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire Sun May 06, 2012 11:10 pm

Eric, I am really sorry to hear that, let me know if you need to talk.
Sapphire
Sapphire
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum