VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.
VirtualKid Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DST/BST

3 posters

Go down

DST/BST Empty DST/BST

Post by Short Circuit Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:03 am

Is there any point of putting your clocks forward in Spring, and back in Autumn (Fall)?

In the UK, we started to do it in 1907 when a man called William Willet produced a pamphlet called "The Waste Of Daylight" after noticing that summer morning light was "wasted" when people were asleep, and that daylight would be better used, if it was added to the evenings.

This was introduced when there were no street lights (well practically none), when people used horse and carts, and houses were lit by candles. So what is the point of doing it in this modern age of electricity, halogen lamps, and motor vehicles?

Discuss//
Short Circuit
Short Circuit
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Back to top Go down

DST/BST Empty Re: DST/BST

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 pm

Because we still want the same daylight hours.

Anyway why change something that's not broken and in today's society it would cause a lot of fuss to change it

Back to top Go down

Post by Short Circuit Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:20 pm

The Assassin wrote:Because we still want the same daylight hours.

You still get the same amount of daylight, only the HOURS of daylight change
Short Circuit
Short Circuit
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:58 pm

But your not understanding the issues that it would cause. Everyone would have to adjust.

Don't fix something that ain't broken

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:02 pm

I don't like DST, but it would be extremely hard for most people in the US and elsewhere that change DST to adjust, as Derri said
Jess
Jess
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutch Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:31 pm

I personally hate DST, in the spring, when it goes up and hour, it totally screws up my mind. Plus you loose an hour of sleep.

Hutch
100 posts!
100 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum