VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.
VirtualKid Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Population

+2
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Jess
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

World Population - Page 2 Empty Re: World Population

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:07 pm

ya like only 3 or 4 kids and then maybe adopt a kid
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:09 pm

I think 3 or 4's a bit too many...1 or 2 might be better
Jess
Jess
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:10 pm

I agree I just maybe at most 3
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:12 pm

i know this might sound stupid, but for every 2 kids you want, adopt one?
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:12 pm

I agree with that logic^^
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:40 am

The logic I follow is that I would rather have my own children, raise my own children rather than someone else, okay if I was a god parent or something like that then yeah sure, but obviously that's not the same....As it has been for centuries.

Also how does adopting a kid really help in the long run, Okay you give them a home but for me its just not the same as having a child of your own.... I do feel we should try and adopt but only if you feel that way I dont think making laws like they have in china would help and at the end of the day, the person needs to decide what they want to do...

Also a lot of people get put of by adopting due to such horrible checks that they make you go through, I mean it can take well over 2 years just to adopt a kid, and the average is over a year at most, well in the uk anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Short Circuit Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:57 am

Can I ask how adopting a child would bring down the world population? All it would do is move a child that has already been born, into your family, so it would not reduce the population!

The problem is in 3rd world countries, they have so many children because in the past, only about one in five would survive, but now there are organizations that feed the starving, nearly ALL the children survive, and that is why the population is increasing rapidly.
Short Circuit
Short Circuit
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:59 pm

Why would you not feed hungry children? I mean any nice person would feed starving kids....and also it would make them think twice about having another kid if they had maybe 2 kids then adopted because they would see 3 kids would be a lot to take care of
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:28 am

There needs to be a one-child policy, like the one in China...if it weren't for that, there would be 330 million+ more people
Jess
Jess
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:30 am

i don't think that's a good idea. i mean, what do they do if they end up having a second child? like, born and everything?
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sarah Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:36 am

I think people can have however many children they wish if they are willing to be a good parent. I don't see why people should be told how many children to have. But I do think having 15 and more children like thos mothers on tv shows is wrong. I think people should have how many children they want just as long as its reasonable

Princess Sarah
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:39 am

where is the reasonable line?

opinions, opinions.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sarah Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:43 am

Well the reason for the high population nowadays is because we have better technology and medicines and people live longer than they used to back in the day. But I honestly don't know a reasonable answer to decrease the population

Princess Sarah
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:46 am

well, there is no way, unless some disease comes and kills a lot of people./
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:56 am

There is a way, because if we told people how many children they can have before adoption, and make that a law people like the duggar family can't have 20 kids like they want.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sarah Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:32 pm

I don't think there should be any law about how many children one should have, or any law about adoption. Maybe people should just reinforce the fact, 'hey there are this many kids in the world without a home' and just kinda advertise, then maybe people would think of adopting more. I mean, you see all the time about abandoned animals, and people jump to it to adopt them. Just advertise more on adopting and maybe someone will decide instead of bringing another kid in the world (which will raise the population) just adopt one and give them a good home..

But no law should be made, all that will lead to is rebellion because many many people would be upset and disagree.

Princess Sarah
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Short Circuit Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:13 pm

It can take upwards of 2 years to adopt a child in the UK, thats why there are so few of them
Short Circuit
Short Circuit
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:47 pm

Thats why I think if we made it so that people could have 3 kids then had to adopt that would slow things down for them to have more.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Short Circuit Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:43 am

Again, I will ask, how is adopting a child, bringing down the population? All it would do is make people think they could have MORE and MORE children, then just adopt them out!
Short Circuit
Short Circuit
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sarah Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Exactly^^
Adopting will NOT bring down population, it'll just keep it the same. I mean yeah, it'll give the kid a good home, but that won't change the population at all.
How about this for changing the population. TEENAGERS STOP SCREWING AROUND. Nowadays people will just have sex like its nothing and guess what, they end up pregnant. Maybe if there was more common sense in this world, these careless teenagers wouldn't end up having babies and maybe there won't be a need to make a dumb law that tells you how many kids to have like in china.

Princess Sarah
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Princess Sarah wrote:Exactly^^
Adopting will NOT bring down population, it'll just keep it the same. I mean yeah, it'll give the kid a good home, but that won't change the population at all.
How about this for changing the population. TEENAGERS STOP SCREWING AROUND. Nowadays people will just have sex like its nothing and guess what, they end up pregnant. Maybe if there was more common sense in this world, these careless teenagers wouldn't end up having babies and maybe there won't be a need to make a dumb law that tells you how many kids to have like in china.

or wear a condom....

or have birth control.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sarah Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:19 pm

those arent 100% preventable though.

Princess Sarah
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Princess Sarah wrote:How about this for changing the population. TEENAGERS STOP SCREWING AROUND. Nowadays people will just have sex like its nothing and guess what, they end up pregnant. Maybe if there was more common sense in this world, these careless teenagers wouldn't end up having babies and maybe there won't be a need to make a dumb law that tells you how many kids to have like in china.

There was a One-Child Policy in China because the population was growing too fast, not because of teens having children. and in many ways, the policy has its benefits. and now-a-days, it's not as strictly enforced, but that's another topic, so I won't go on about that :S

on topic. I agree with Sarah. those are not 100% effective. so the only way is to get the message out to teens to stop messing around and stop being careless. but will teens listen?
Jess
Jess
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:21 am

If they made it so, Adoption was faster e.g not up to 2 years then I say we should encourage to adopt, but again it is not the same as having you own, A large ammount of the population comes from 3rd world countires like Africa, if we did something we could try and reduce the number.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2