VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.
VirtualKid Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US has a huge obsession with circumcision! Still?

5 posters

Go down

US has a huge obsession with circumcision! Still? Empty US has a huge obsession with circumcision! Still?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:33 am

The USA is a land of imagrants-this is true.

Majority of these imagrants were part of tribes and small native communites that back in those days belived in circumcision. And it was usually done in the teens or at birth some were teens and some were birth.

While doing this at birth causes the infant less pain (to remember) Is it taking the babies choice away? as it is not something that is needed at such a young age (unless for some reason he needs it)

Some argue it is more hygine like? this is to a small extent true but now a-days irrelvant, because the USA has mislead its nation by saying you are less likely to get a STD or something simallar while being cut, this is not true at all.

Some say it looks better, well to be honest that is for the beilver to decide. But remeber everyone is born with one, so it must be there for some reason.

Now for the last thing to cover. Are we forcing something that is not nessasary? That holds little to none benfits?

Also on one last small note, it is more than comon that due to premature births they cannot have the operation until later in life like a couple years old and even sometimes they leave it as late as there teens and It is painful (I assume form what people have said) to have it done later in life. So why would they force someone to get it done? to cause there own child so much pain?

Other than religion and medical terms it just seems like they come up with silly reasons to me.

So feel free to comment with your thoughts on why it is done and comment on what I have said.

Back to top Go down

US has a huge obsession with circumcision! Still? Empty Re: US has a huge obsession with circumcision! Still?

Post by Darth Pyrinikon Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:12 pm

People with the foreskin still attached are more likely to get STD's, that is proven. But an obsession? This country was founded on Christianity, and in the bible, thhough it doesnt apply any more today,since God said so later that it wasnt nesecary, that all christians must be circumsiced, so its just sort of become tradition i guess.
Darth Pyrinikon
Darth Pyrinikon
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

US has a huge obsession with circumcision! Still? Empty Re: US has a huge obsession with circumcision! Still?

Post by KarmaChameleon Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:18 pm

also, before this starts.. please don't turn this into a religion debate.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Short Circuit Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:30 pm

People without the foreskin are better lovers, thats a fact
Short Circuit
Short Circuit
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:52 pm

The thing about this is it's a tradition that people do, and if we take away someone's special tradition that would be wrong. How would you feel if someone told you that you can't do one of your family traditions or just a tradition you and your friends do just because people don't agree with it.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:07 pm

It is really a ridiculous argument.

Regardless of the fact that it is a virtually useless "organ", people still get all up in arms about it for no reason.

There was someone who compared the right to choosing whether you are circumcised or not to gay marriage and abortion!

THese arguments, of course, have nothing to do with each other. Those are life changing events, this is not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:47 pm

Exactly, because yes they all have to do with choice, but one is a very high decision and the other isn't
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:52 pm

K

this is so dumb. like.. it's just like.. a little piece of skin. i am circumcising my kid when i have one, because.. it just is what makes sense.. because, it would be easier for me to understand him and help him with his "issues."

it is ultimately the parents decision.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:08 pm

exactly Eric, couldn't have said it better myself^^^
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Short Circuit Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:13 am

[quote="Eric"]K

it's just like.. a little piece of skin. i am circumcising my kid when i have one, because.. it just is what makes sense.. because, it would be easier for me to understand him and help him with his "issues."

quote]

Sorry, got to disagree with that one Eric. Just because you had it done, does not mean your children need it done. As you said, its just a little piece of skin. If taught how to clean the glans at an early age, there is no reason on this earth a boy should have this operation.

What exactly would his "issues" be? With a foreskin, he would not need to use lube to do what most boys do naturally
Short Circuit
Short Circuit
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:41 am

Well, to be honest, I just feel like if he does have issues, I'd like him to come to me, and.. it's how I am, so I know how to... operate it correctly. And I do say that with lack of a better word. I know how to clean it, and that is the main issue. When it comes down to it, if you don't want your kid to have one, then don't have them have one. If they REALLY care enough, then they can get foreskin restoration, I guess.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Short Circuit Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:55 am

But why do it in the first place when there is no medical need to do it? Did you know that the area is not even "frozen" on a new born child? No wonder the kid screams his head off, could you put up with the pain of having something cut off without anesthetic?

I am not against circumcision, but wait till the kid is older and can decide for himself if he wants it done, after all Muslims wait till the child is around 10 years of age before they do it.
Short Circuit
Short Circuit
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:38 pm

First of all Americans aren't the only ones who do it, and secondly most babies won't even remember the pain because they are too young. Also, my brothers were both circumcised, and they turned out just fine. They don't remember any pain or that it even happened.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Pyrinikon Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:33 pm

And Kyle, the baby is already screaming because of being pushed out of his mothers womb, and having his umbilical cord (omg i spelled it right Razz) cut off, so he probably doesnt even notice it.
Darth Pyrinikon
Darth Pyrinikon
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:19 pm

Babies don't remember barely anything of their baby life sooo
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by foamy Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:41 pm

If it were me, I'd get the boy cut so, like Eric said, of complications or " pubescent" time questions arise it would be easier to answer. If I wasn't cut, I'd say no.
foamy
foamy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:43 am

Just had to mention this, some people who have said they wont remember the pain as they are so young, have made comments about aborting babies and them feeling pain, anyway, I only made this thread to wonder why the US-whitch has the highest rate of baby cirumcsions in the globe/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Pyrinikon Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:54 am

Derri, we said that they wont REMEMBER the pain, not that they dont FEEL it.
Darth Pyrinikon
Darth Pyrinikon
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:12 am

Yes, but if someone who is unborn feels pain they will never feel it again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Pyrinikon Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:03 pm

So if i were to strap you to a table and put you through and agnozingly painful death, it would be ok because you would never feel the pain again?
Darth Pyrinikon
Darth Pyrinikon
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Thats in a diffrent context carter, abortion is completely diffrent. anyway this is not a debate on abortion, I was just using it in context so lets not mention abortion or this again..k

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Yellow Monkey Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:45 pm

So anywhoo....I think having one done on your children is completely your choice, because it doesn't change the chances of them having another child of their own.
Ninja Yellow Monkey
Ninja Yellow Monkey
1000 posts!
1000 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down