VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.
VirtualKid Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the new pope

3 posters

Go down

the new pope Empty the new pope

Post by KarmaChameleon Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:02 am

yo, this guy is awesome. even if you're not religious you should read this. i bet you'll like him when you read about him. this guy is modern and he is loving like a real pope should be. i put it in debate because you guys feel like theres something you don't like you should post it, but mostly i hope it's positive feedback cuz this guy is amazing. 

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20755963_20764775,00.html

some things that i think won me over. 

2. He may be sneaking out at night to help people
A "knowledgeable source" told the Huffington Post that "Swiss guards confirmed that the pope has ventured out at night, dressed as a regular priest, to meet with homeless men and women." Apparently, though this has not been confirmed, this was also something Francis used to do while he was a cardinal. 

4. He was the first pope in history to wash a woman's feet
It's a Holy Thursday tradition for sitting Popes to wash people's feet, a ceremony that reenacts Jesus's washing of the feet of his 12 disciples. This year, Francis's version of that ceremony included two young women, the first time in the Church's history a pope has done so – and for female prisoners, no less. 

9. His stance on homosexuality
Francis said in September that while the Church has a right to its opinions, it cannot "interfere spiritually" in the lives of homosexuals. That built on controversial remarks he made in July about gay priests: "If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?" Of course, it could be said that, being the pope, he's in a pretty good position to judge, but the fact he won't speaks volumes. 

11. He reached out to Muslims
Francis sent a message to Muslims "throughout the world" at the end of Ramadan, urging "mutual respect through education" between Christians and Muslims. By comparison, the last pope made a speech in 2006 that quoted a 14th-century Christian emperor who called the teachings of Mohammed "evil and inhuman." 

those are my favorite reasons at least. 
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

the new pope Empty Re: the new pope

Post by Slizko Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:05 am

Religious advances on modern problems, it is about time. From what I have heard he is very concentric about poverty more-so than anything else.
Slizko
Slizko
100 posts!
100 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Who Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:41 am

I agree! The new Pope ROCKS! Smile I was reading that he would sneak out at night and hang out with the homeless. So wild!
Miss Who
Miss Who
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum