VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.
VirtualKid Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-Intro to Hope

2 posters

Go down

Re-Intro to Hope Empty Re-Intro to Hope

Post by hope4daworld Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:36 pm

Okay, I have been at VK for quite a while, but I haven't been on since before something happened. Some people on here already know what this post will be about, but for those who don't, this is a timeline of the last 6 months of my life.

June 21, 2012- I went to the ER having trouble breathing and a fever
June22, 2012- I was taken to Riley's Children's hospital and diagnosed with AML Leukemia, chemo starts
A month later- I got to go home for a week and had a benefit
July 28, 2012- chemo round 2
A month later- went home for a week
August 29, 2012- chemo round 3
A month later- I went home for a month before transplant
October 24, 2012- chemo before transplant
November 2, 2012- Bone Marrow Transplant
November 21, 2012- left hospital, stayed at Ronald McDonald house for a week
November 29, 2012- went home

I've been home ever since, but I have no immune system yet, so I can't go anywhere. I can't go back to school, I can't go to church, nowhere.

It's been an amazing journey, and writing now, I know I have never been happier. Honestly, getting cancer was probably the best thing that has happened to me. I will probably make a diary for updates on my integration back into school and stuff.
hope4daworld
hope4daworld
25 posts!
25 posts!

Back to top Go down

Re-Intro to Hope Empty Re: Re-Intro to Hope

Post by KarmaChameleon Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:37 pm

it's good that you're okay. i'm so glad that you came back. love you hopie.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum