VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.
VirtualKid Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visitor Messages, Maybe is time to get rid.

2 posters

Go down

Visitor Messages, Maybe is time to get rid. Empty Visitor Messages, Maybe is time to get rid.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:15 am

Well the scripting for the visitor messages needs serious repairs to it because it basically doesn't work or works very inconstantly. So I was thinking maybe it should be gone with and we lower the PM count to say something like 15 posts.

To get rid of the visitor message system you can do this easily.

ACP-->Users and Groups-->Profiles-->General Options-->Un-check the Visitor Messages Box-->Save

Overall since the coding for the VMs needs repairing and since I can no longer do it and unless anyone else can, I don't think VMs should remain as no one really uses them and it would rule out all possible chances of inappropriate VMs being sent.

Then if the PM was lowered since the site is not extremely active then everything would run smoothly as like I said the VM system isn't used and has no notifications.

Back to top Go down

Visitor Messages, Maybe is time to get rid. Empty Re: Visitor Messages, Maybe is time to get rid.

Post by Selrahc Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:21 am

I agree. I've never sent a VM or received one, and is it's easy to get rid of them, maybe we should.
Selrahc
Selrahc
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Visitor Messages, Maybe is time to get rid. Empty Re: Visitor Messages, Maybe is time to get rid.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:23 am

Selrahc wrote:I agree. I've never sent a VM or received one, and is it's easy to get rid of them, maybe we should.

Plus the notification system I installed back a couple month ago no longer works effectively so does it need to remain?

Back to top Go down

Post by Selrahc Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:26 am

I don`t think it does. I`ll see what the rest of the staff thinks about this.
Selrahc
Selrahc
250 posts!
250 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:29 pm

I agree. I think I'll take it out but I'll see what the staff thinks.
KarmaChameleon
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum